75% of people say parents aren’t as strict as they used to be. So add “Clean your room, mow the grass, and wash the cars . . . NOW!” to today’s list of Things Our Parents Told Us When We Were Kids That We’d NEVER Say to Our Own Kids.
- Sure, you can go play in the woods. Just be back by dark.
- Time for a spanking!
- Why don’t you listen to clean comedians like Bill Cosby?
- Fetch momma her smokes.
- Suck it up. It’s just a flesh wound.
- Ahhh, you’re in the back seat. You don’t need to wear a seat belt.
- A “participation trophy”?! Throw it in the trash can!