You’ve probably been scolded . . . at some point . . . for doing something “inappropriate” in public. Maybe you deserved it, or maybe you think you SHOULD be allowed to do whatever you were doing.
A new poll asked people what things they WISH they could do freely in public . . . and the results spanned everything from “good” deeds to “innocently” adjusting themselves. Here’s the Top 10:
1. Complimenting a stranger. (Obviously, this CAN be appreciated . . . but it really depends what the compliment is, and who you’re directing it at.)
2. Going to the movies alone.
3. Walking down the street singing loudly.
4. Telling someone you love them.
5. Listening to something without headphones.
6. Passing gas or burping openly, and loudly.
7. Walking barefoot.
8. Doing yoga stretches in the park. (I guess it depends what kind of park you’re visiting. You might be bothered, but it isn’t “inappropriate.”)
9. Adjusting your underwear. (This probably includes both wedgies and “adjusting” or scratching your naughty areas.)
10. Dancing in the street.
It’s surprising that smoking didn’t make the list . . . since it’s become increasingly inappropriate in a lot of public spaces. Drinking alcohol and even eating are also frowned upon in certain public areas.
Thankfully people apparently don’t think they should be able to do GROSS stuff, like picking their nose . . . biting their nails . . . popping pimples . . . spitting . . . or going to the bathroom. (Good News Network / The Sun)