The website Study Finds has pulled up 12 studies that provide ways to thrive at life. Here is the gist of those twelve studies:
1. Agreeableness. To get ahead in life, the most successful person is a team player. Research shows agreeableness can improve one’s job performance and help people win the game of life.
2. Who you know. According to a poll of 2,000 people, four in five respondents say no matter how hard they work, other people with better business connections have the advantage. 20% admit the only reason they landed their current job is due to a social connection.
3. Reconnecting to work. Heading into work each day with the right mindset is key to having a productive day, especially for managers and workers in leadership roles. Before beginning each new work day, take a moment and ask yourself: “What do I want to get done today?”
4. Playing video games. Nearly half of Americans credit many of their successes in life to playing video games. (* So THERE, Dad. I told you so.)
5. Exercising several times per week. (* Yeah, not gonna happen. What else ya got?)
6. Being unsuccessful. Most successful people say that failure is an important part in learning how to become a winner.
7. Earn more money. A materialistic mindset can lead to improved life satisfaction by boosting one’s economic motivations. As you work harder to achieve more success, your standard of living improves, ultimately positively influencing their overall life satisfaction.
8. Checking your email less often. (* Yeah, that’s not gonna happen either. Next!)
9. Owning a pet. A survey finds that people who own pets are happier, earn more money, and exercise more frequently than those who don’t.
10. Having supportive relationships breed self-confidence and ambition. Have friends and family who are interested in your life. (* Unfortunately, you also have to pretend you are interested in THEIR life.)
11. Feeling good about life. (* And this is where the author has started running out of things for the list.)
12. Keeping your eyes on the prize will bring you success. Spend time working on your goal, and don’t get sidetracked.