Are you making a fool of yourself at the dinner table? If you do any of this stuff, yes: A new poll looked at the most universal table manner rules that everyone can agree on. Here are the top ten . . .
1. Wash your hands before you sit down to eat.
2. Don’t talk with your mouth full.
3. Don’t slurp your food or your drink.
4. Chew with your mouth closed.
5. Don’t make noises with your utensils. Like scraping your plate, or dragging your teeth across your fork.
6. Do make conversation. Don’t just sit there in silence and eat.
7. Put your napkin on your lap.
8. No burping.
9. Don’t play with your food.
10. Don’t eat too fast. A few more that made the Top 20 include no reaching across the table . . . don’t talk over people . . . and no phones.