When it comes to eating food we drop on the floor, the question isn’t HAVE we done it. The question is . . . what did we tell ourselves to justify doing it? If you’re like us, it was probably anything from today’s list Lies We Tell Ourselves to Feel Better about Eating Something off the Floor.
- Dirt’s good for my immunity.
- It’s okay. My floors are spotless.
- I’m doing this to avoid food waste, not because I’m too lazy to walk to the trash.
- Dusting it off is scientifically proven to remove all germs.
- Hey, vegetables touch the ground and I eat them.
- I’m sure all the bacteria on this Frito saw my hand coming and jumped off.