There are days you know you need to cook, but don’t feel like it so you order out.
Hit pause on that. You can eat healthy on a budget and not have to order out. It just takes planning. Here are the steps:
- Meal prep. Prepare meals for the week and keep it simple
- Build a freezer stash of healthy foods
- Get creative in the kitchen. Look at affordable foods that are packed with nutrition like sweet potatoes, rice, eggs, oats, and lentils.
- Try smoothies. Ingredients can include frozen banana slices, fresh or frozen berries, protein powder, nut butter, plus nutrient rich leafy greens.
- Try healthy food swaps like sweet potatoes in place of white potatoes.