A 911 operator in Canada suggested a woman “wake up” an intruder she found sleeping in her home. So, we can add her terrible advice to today’s list of Things You Never Want to Hear from a 911 Operator.
- My shift ends in three minutes. Can you call back then?
- So . . . what are you wearing?
- Well, of course a “stranger” is in your home. You didn’t bother to ask his name.
- “Can” I send an ambulance? Yes. “Will” I send an ambulance? Depends on how much what it’s worth to you.
- Slow down, Debbie Drama. You’re ruining my buzz.
- Paramedics are unavailable at this time. But I CAN send a faith healer.
- You sound really freaked out right now. Can I put you on speaker so everyone else in the call center can hear?