Family Dog Catches Kitchen On Fire

The mystery of how a Kansas City area home caught fire is solved thanks to cameras.

Security video inside a Kansas City-area home shows the family dog turning on the kitchen stove and starting a fire. The fire Friday in a Kansas City suburb severely damaged the house.

Video shows one of the family’s two dogs stepping on the stove top touch panels and turning on the burner under a pan with grease in it. A fire official said the grease explodes into a fire about eight minutes after the dog turned on the burner.

Firefighters rescued the dogs but the kitchen is a total loss. The homeowners were away at the time.