A new month is just around the corner. Here are five things to get excited about in May .
1. There’s a LOT to keep up with in sports. The NBA and NHL playoffs will be going on most of the month. The Kentucky Derby goes down a week from tomorrow. The French Open begins on the 22nd. And the Indy 500 is on May 29th.
2. For movies, “Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” hits theaters next week . . . the Zac Efron horror movie “Firestarter” will be released on the 13th . . . “Downton Abbey: A New Era” is out on May 18th . . . and “Top Gun: Maverick” comes out on the 27th.
3. On TV, the series premiere of “Obi-Wan Kenobi” airs on Disney+ on May 27th. That’s also the day Season 4 of “Stranger Things” drops on Netflix. And the “Billboard Music Awards” will air on NBC on May 15th.
4. If you’re into fashion, the Met Gala is being held this coming Monday. This year’s dress code is “Gilded Glamour.”
5. And finally, the holidays: The big ones are Cinco de Mayo . . . Mother’s Day next Sunday . . . and Memorial Day on the 30th. There’s also “Star Wars” Day on May the 4th . . . No Pants Day on the 6th . . . National Eat What You Want Day on the 11th . . . National Mimosa Day on May 16th . . . and National Hamburger Day on the 28th.