1. Make time to connect with your friends: Not through Instagram or email but real face-to-face interactions. We all live busy lives, but if you want to keep your friendships alive, you need to invest some time and energy.
2. Share intimate thoughts and feelings with them: Being transparent and real is what makes your friendships so special.
3. Be a good listener: Sometimes your friends just need someone to listen to what they have to say. Don’t rush in with too much advice unless they ask for it.
4. Express admiration and appreciation towards them: Be there for their successes as much as you are there for their setbacks. Celebrate their achievements with them and tell them how proud you are of them.
5. Hug: When you do see your friends in real life, don’t be shy to hug. The science is there to show that hugs increase your happiness and health, but also your connectedness to others. So hug, hug, and hug again!