Are you easy to shop for during the holidays? A new survey reveals how picky people think they are when it comes to holiday gift giving and what the best presents are for the person who already has everything.
The survey of 2-thousand Americans finds:
- 58% of respondents think they’re pretty easy to shop for.
- But one in 20 admit they’re impossible to shop for, with two-thirds of them saying it’s because they’re extremely picky about what they want.
- Nearly half say they either have everything they could possibly want (47%) or never know what to ask for (45%).
- But for 68% of respondents it doesn’t matter what they unwrap because they believe the thought behind the gift is more important than the gift itself.
The most useful thing to give others? This survey says it’s not some hot ticket item – it’s a wish list.
- About 70% of folks surveyed say they ask other people to give them a list of presents they want for the holidays and 62% say they give their wish list to others.
- 49% of those who call themselves out as impossible to buy for tend to prefer giving others a list of exactly what they want.
- Respondents are most likely to share their holiday wish lists with significant others (51%), their kids (41%), and friends (36%).
- And 74% say they’ll buy a present from their holiday wish list for themselves if they don’t get it as a gift.
So what do you buy for those picky people on your list? Respondents believe the most universally enjoyed gifts are:
- Chocolate 58%
- Holiday gift baskets 50%
- And gift cards 49%