Discover magazine a few tips.
• Keep It Short — Most sleep experts recommend keeping a nap to 20 or 30 minutes. Beyond half an hour you’ll start dipping into later sleep stages.
• Mid-Afternoon Is Best — Everyone experiences a lull in energy in the afternoon, usually after lunch. If you can, go with the flow and clock out for 20 minutes.
• Prepare for Your Nap — Make your napping space as dark as possible.
• Try a Caffeine Nap — Drink six to eight ounces of coffee just before settling in for a nap. The caffeine will hit your bloodstream right around the 30-minute mark, when you should be waking up, and gives an extra boost.
• Nap at Work — If you’re working at 70 percent capacity due to fatigue, taking a 20-minute nap and boosting your productivity to 90 percent makes you a more efficient worker.