One of the toys inducted into the Toy Hall of Fame this year is Sand. Here are some other non-toys we played with that deserve consideration for future induction.
- The wrapping paper tube that became a lightsaber to whack our little brother.
- Mom’s yardstick we used for playing “Let’s See What Rolls Out from Under the Sofa.”
- The empty Band-Aid tin we used for priceless artifacts like gum and army men.
- The sofa cushions we stacked into a fort that nobody was allowed in unless they knew the password. Which was usually “Fart Face.”
- Paper clips we linked to create exquisite necklaces and dangle earrings.
- Tongs we used for countless rounds of “Retrieve the Dead Goldfish.”
- The tube sock we transformed into a foul-mouthed Muppet.
- Tree roots that prevented countless breakaway touchdowns in backyard football games.