Halloween is this weekend, so consider this fair warning. We have a list of the worst candies for your teeth (or dentures), according to dentists . . .
1. Gummies. It’s because they take a while to chew, and pieces can get lodged between your teeth.
2. Caramel candies. They’re sticky, take a long time to dissolve, and can be hard to brush away at the end of the night.
3. Starburst and Now and Laters. They’re tacky so they can pull on fillings and crowns.
4. Lollipops. They’re eaten slowly, so sugar is in contact with your teeth for a longer period of time.
5. Pixy Stix or Wonka Fun Dip. Sour powder candies are incredibly acidic, which messes with the pH of your mouth and can damage your tooth enamel.
For what it’s worth, the dentists said two Halloween treats weren’t so bad: Regular old chocolate, which dissolves quickly and can be brushed away easily . . . and caramel apples, because the crisp apples help clean the surfaces of your teeth. (Insider)