1. Humor encourages creative risk-taking: Humor often breaks the rules and expands our awareness of things around us. I
2. Humor develops divergent thinking: Humor allows us to break out of our rigid thinking and see things from different perspectives.
3. Humor models curiosity and playfulness: Humor broadens our horizons and expands our vision. Humor invites us to observe life from different vistas and different angles.
4. Humor boosts creative problem-solving: Humor opens up our thinking and allows us to see life from a broad perspective.
5. Creative humor leads to creative fluency: We often consider creativity as a way to solve serious problems or life-altering challenges. But creativity doesn’t have to be utilitarian or functional—it can be silly, disrespectful, or impractical.