A third of people say listening to music helps them get along with their family. But if living room sing-alongs aren’t your thing, there are other ways to promote household harmony, as you’ll see with today’s list of the . . . Top 5 Family Bonding Activities.
- Go for a long walk. Ideally, together.
- Get Grandpa drunk, tell him Clint Eastwood’s a sissy compared to Tom Cruise, then sit back and enjoy the show.
- Explore your family history. Tread carefully around what your immigrant German relatives did in the late-1930s to mid-1940s.
- Watch a TV show that both young and old can enjoy. Like, “NCIS: Portlandia”.
- Invite the grandparents over and play one of those neglected board games in the hall closet. Unless it’s “Twister.”
- Rent a camper and document your cross-country adventure on YouTube. What’s the worst that can happen?