When you’re feeling “Stuck” in your life, you might consider this cognitive-behavioral exercise and see how this might work in your own life:
1. Identify a situation where you feel unhappy or stuck.
2. Write down every thought that comes to mind when you think of this situation.
3. Circle the thought that seems to get to the heart of your stuck-ness.
4. Come up with an alternative thought out that still feels true to you.
5. Right down three small actions, you could take to improve your situation if you really believed this new thought.
6. Pick one of these actions and take it immediately.