The #BeKind21 challenge is underway and you can still take part.
Lady Gaga’s Born This Foundation’s annual campaign aims to get us to show kindness. All you have to do is commit to practicing an act of kindness each day from Sept. 1 to Sept. 21.
Here are some of the ways you can be kind, not just during this campaign:
- Check in with a friend you haven’t spoken to in a while.
- Acknowledge someone’s work that makes (or has made) your life easier.
- Buy coffee for a stranger.
- Spread the word about a great small business in your neighborhood.
- Rediscover a hobby or interest you had as a kid, like coloring books.
- Register to vote, or help a friend register.
- Send a book to a family member or friend.
- Practice being actively present.
- Donate supplies to a local school.
- Compliment a stranger.
- Buy toiletries to drop off at a homeless or women’s shelter.
- Switch an item you use to a sustainable version.
- Make and share a fun playlist with a loved one.
- Leave a kind comment on a friend’s social media post.
- Donate to or volunteer for a cause you believe in.
- Invite a friend to do an outdoor activity with you.
- Support a local bookstore.