Today is Moon Day, so it’s the perfect time for this list of The Top Surprising New Things We’re Learning About the Moon.
- It’s covered in more dust than the treadmill in your spare room.
- It doesn’t have a “dark side,” just a “misunderstood side.”
- The moon weighs 80 times less than the Earth. And it never misses a chance to planet-shame Earth about it on Twitter.
- The one in five people who think Covid vaccines contain microchips also believe the moon is made of cheese.
- Its barren, cold atmosphere is why many call it “Space North Dakota.”
- The moon is shrinking, which might explain why it just bought a Ferrari.
- The craters were caused by too much oily food during its teen years.
- There’s a huge supply of heavy metal in the moon’s South Pole. Which means it’s not unlike the backseat of your burnout uncle’s conversion van.
- You can dunk a basketball all day up there.