A survey of parents with an infant found respondents are faced with about 34 tough decisions per week, or over 1,760 difficult decisions in baby’s first year.
Choosing a name for their baby was found to be the most difficult decision new parents face (37%), followed by deciding whether to breastfeed or to use formula (34%).
Other difficult decisions in the first year of parenting, according to the survey:
- figuring out childcare: 30%
- which formula to use: 29%
- where the baby sleeps: 27%
- decorating the nursery: 21%
- how to sleep train: 20%
- whether to post pictures on social media: 19%
- finding the right pediatrician: 19%
- whether to parent as their parents did: 19%