A recent Reddit thread asked: “What modern social trend honks you off the most?” Some of the answers included:
- How everything needs to be on social media.
- Advertising slowly taking over every single aspect of our lives.
- The celebration of bad attitudes, habits and toxic traits. People would rather be praised for being a villain than to be obscure.
- Treating opinion as fact and fact as opinion
- The notion that everybody needs to “hustle” and have a “side hustle.”
- This is more work related, but it pisses me off how there is now a work culture of always being reachable by email or text for whatever happens.
- The whole instagram influencer thing. Why are we following these people??
- Spontaneous facetime calls. I’m in my . . . undies stop shoving cameras in my face.
- The politicalization of EVERYTHING and people doing certain things solely to display which political ideology they subscribe to.