A new study about customer service finds:
– Millennials are willing to wait the longest times for service. The average 18- to 35-year-old will wait 11 minutes on hold on the phone before they start getting frustrated.
– Respondents over the age of 55 will last eight minutes on hold before becoming upset.
– 76 percent of Americans have – at least once in their lives – asked to speak to a manager due to poor customer service.
– Millennials are more likely to tolerate mistakes. Only 2 percent of those over 55 say they would forgive a dirty hotel room compared to 15 percent of millennials.
– A third of millennials would let it pass if they were served the wrong drink in a restaurant. One out of five wouldn’t complain if served the wrong food. 15 percent would even be fine if a new article of clothing had a hole in it.