A Reddit thread yesterday asked: “What happens in movies or TV that seems to be normal and you think to yourself, ‘That is not what people in real life do’?” Some of the answers included:
- Whenever a simple miscommunication happens, no ever stops and clarifies with the other person.
- Hitting someone on the head with a whiskey bottle to knock them out. Pretty high risk of killing them.
- Women can be in the jungle for weeks, and they don’t have hair growing anywhere.
- School buses honking and waiting for kids that are still in the house. If I wasn’t at the bus stop when the bus arrived, it would drive on by.
- Find a parking spot right in front of their building.
- Guessing the passwords of other people correctly
- Come over to a friend’s place, stay there for all of 30 seconds to talk about something plot-relevant, and then just leave right away.
- Lawyers walking up to the jury box to talk to the jurors or into the well without permission from the judge. The bailiff will tackle you.
- Everyone and their mothers drink scotch, and like it.