The Academy Awards are on Sunday.
- A 30-second commercial for this year’s Academy Awards costs $2 million
- this year’s Oscars gift bag is worth $60,000.
ABC says the length of the average Academy Awards acceptance speech has steadily increased in the past 10 years. Other findings:
– the average number of words spoken during an Oscar speech has been 256 for the past decade
– the average Oscar speech in the 1940s lasted only 113 words
– the longest Oscar speech came in 2013 when “Argo” director Ben Affleck spoke over 600 words
– Patty Duke spoke only two words when accepting her 1963 Oscar: “Thank you.”
– Joe Pesci had the second shortest Oscar speech of all time in 1991 when he won for “Goodfellas” and said, “It was my privilege. Thank You.”
– the longest UNOFFICIAL Oscar “speech” was the infamous 2017 “La La Land/Moonlight” flub when two speeches were given