Andrew Ferebee, a “seven-figure entrepreneur, high performance coach, and podcaster” on Quora, has interviewed more than 400 experts – many of them very wealthy – and has noticed several habits that they DON’T have. Here are the seven things that the very wealthy 1 percent don’t do:
1. They don’t watch TV for more than 60 minutes a day. The average American watches five hours of TV a day. That’s 77 days a year. Imagine how much you could accomplish with an extra 77 days added back into your year?
2. They don’t drink to excess on a regular basis. Not daily, not weekly, not monthly. Maybe occasionally.
3. They don’t spend most of their money on consumption instead of creation. Successful people spend their money on things that make them better. They spend money on their business, on their personal growth, and on their passions. Unsuccessful people feel the compulsion to buy products and things that they don’t need.
4. They don’t overeat and consume processed foods. If you are eating clean foods you will feel better, have more energy, and look younger. Unhealthy eating habits lead to all sorts of issues with confidence, depression, and long-term chronic health problems.
5. They don’t blame others for their failures. Quit complaining about how the government, your parents, your boss, and the world are all trying to screw you. Instead, focus on how you can succeed regardless of external circumstances. Other people have had it worse than you and built an incredible life.
6. They don’t gossip and waste time talking about other people. You have enough stuff going on in your own life. So stop focusing on other people and focus on yourself.
7. They don’t spend time worrying about other people’s opinions. They don’t let their family, friends, or society determine what they will do with their life or what makes them happy. They march to the beat of their own drummer and chart their own path through life.
So, when does he get to the part about inheriting your wealth?