From HuffingtonPost.com, here are some foods with recommended serving sizes much smaller than you thought.
– A single serving of instant ramen noodles is actually only half of a ramen ‘brick’.
– One serving of raw almonds is about about 12 almonds.
– Breakfast cereal, like Rice Krispies or Cinnamon Toast Crunch, recommend a serving size for children of 25-30 grams (about half a cup) and for adults 30-45 grams (or 3/4 cup).
– A recommended amount of granola cereal is around 2/3 cup.
– Gatorade actually contains two servings per bottle.
– One grilled chicken breast serving is recommend at just 3 ounces, or about the same weight as three slices of bread.
– The prescribed amount of peanut butter is 2 tablespoons.