How many hours a day do you wear a mask? And how does it compare to the average American?
Someone polled 1,000 mask-wearers, and the average person now spends 2 hours and 54 minutes a day in a mask. Here are six more mask stats . . .
1. How many masks do you currently have in rotation? The average person has six.
2. We spent $28 on masks last year, on average. Women spent $8 more than men, because they either bought more masks, or more-fashionable ones.
3. Just over a third of us use disposable masks most of the time. Everyone else uses cloth masks.
4. What’s the longest you’ve gone without washing your reusable mask? The average answer was nine days . . . but 1 in 9 people said more than two weeks. (Seems low.)
5. 37% of us have dealt with “maskne”, or mask-related acne. People who’ve dealt with it said they wear masks four hours a day. So an hour longer than average.
6. 1 in 4 people have SHARED a mask with someone else since the pandemic started. Gen Xers were the most likely to say they’ve done it. (Signs.com)