With more and more of us working from home and staring at computers all day, it’s important to start thinking about eye health. A recent survey of 2,000 adults found a third had eye strain complaints by the end of their workday.
Here are five ways to keep your eyes healthy while working from home . . .
1. Move so you’re closer to a window. More natural light helps.
2. Set alarms to take regular screen breaks. Remember the 20-20-20 rule. That’s where you stare at something that’s 20 feet away for 20 seconds, every 20 minutes.
3. Use eye drops. Just check the label and make sure you don’t overuse them. Especially if they’re prescription eye drops.
4. Have a good desk lamp for when the light isn’t good. Poor lighting can cause headaches, irritability, and even make you less productive.
5. Stay about two feet from your computer screen. Any closer than that is harder on your eyes. (SWNS)