Here are some interesting statistics about the Big Game:
– The Buccaneers are the first team to play in a Super Bowl in their home stadium.
– Sarah Thomas will become the first woman to officiate in a Super Bowl.
– Tom Brady is the second quarterback to lead teams from the AFC and NFC to the Super Bowl (Patriots and Buccaneers). The other was Craig Morton, who led the Cowboys (NFC) to Super Bowl V and the Broncos (AFC) to Super Bowl XII, but lost both times.
– Four franchises have failed to make it to the Super Bowl: Browns, Jaguars, Lions and Texans. All but the Texans have made it as far as the conference championship game at least once.
– Mahomes was six years old when Brady won his first Super Bowl title in 2002 with the Patriots.
– Since 2005, the team wearing white jerseys in the Super Bowl is 13-3. The Buccaneers, who were already this year’s designated home team even before learning they would play in their home stadium, have chosen to wear their white jerseys with pewter pants.
– Domino’s says it typically sells around 2 million pizzas on Super Bowl Sunday. That’s an increase of about 30% from a normal Sunday.