Since we have new tenants living in the White House, it’s a good time to check out this list of The Top Things You Might Not Know About the White House.
- The first president to live in it was John Adams. The first president to LIVE IT UP in it was JFK.
- It has been appraised at $400 million. Which sounds pricey, but remember: it has granite countertops.
- Presidents and their families have to pay for everything except rent. They do it by selling pardons.
- Joe Biden holds the record for most times getting lost in it.
- George Washington never lived in it. Which explains why he accomplished so much: he stayed in a Holiday Inn Express.
- Under Trump, the White House chef duties consisted of ordering McDonald’s and KFC via Grubhub.
- The staff only has five hours to move one president out and another in. Even worse, this year they also had to scrub that orange ring from the tub.
- It’s a proud presidential tradition to spend your lunch break checking out the Clinton-era nudie mags hidden under the fake floorboard in the Oval Office.