In honor of today being Inauguration Day, please enjoy this list of The Top Fascinating Facts About Past Inaugurations.
- Ronald Reagan was flown to the stage by an eagle with a tattoo of Betty White on its chest.
- John Quincy Adams was the first president to wear long pants to his inauguration. Before that, the standard attire was board shorts and a tank top.
- George Washington was too broke to attend his inauguration. Because back then, being a ponytail model didn’t pay well.
- The first inaugural balls were held by James Madison. Oh, grow up!
- During his inauguration, Theodore Roosevelt wore one of Abraham Lincoln’s rings. On his nipple.
- Surprisingly, the ceremonial Bible has only burst into flames twice.
- After JFK was assassinated, Lyndon Johnson was sworn in on an airplane. Which is way less fun than Kennedy’s Mile High Club story.