When researchers started noticing that people with average IQs have greater success in life than those with the highest IQs 70 percent of the time, they started looking for the reason. They came up with Emotional Intelligence as being the critical factor that sets star performers apart from the rest of the pack. The connection is so strong that 90 percent of top performers have high emotional intelligence. If you want to work on your emotional intelligence, these are the behaviors that you want to eliminate:
1. You get stressed easily.
2. You have difficulty asserting yourself.
3. You have a limited emotional vocabulary.
4. You make assumptions quickly and defend them vehemently.
5. You hold grudges.
6. You don’t let go of mistakes.
7. You often feel misunderstood.
8. You don’t know your triggers.
9. You don’t get angry.
10. You blame other people for how they make you feel.
11. You’re easily offended.