A study last week found dedicated “Zoom rooms” are the new feature people want when they buy a house. But what if we look a little farther in to the future? A poll asked people to name the top high-tech features they’d love to have in their home, even if they’re not possible yet. Here are ten we thought were interesting . . .
- Windows that tint automatically. So you don’t have to use shades.
- A smart heating system that adjusts automatically depending on how you use the room, and whether or not you’re in it.
- Soundproof walls.
- Lights that adjust automatically depending on the time of day.
- Door locks that use your fingerprint.
- A garage that charges your electric car just by parking on a giant pad.
- An oven that allows different shelves to be different temperatures at the same time.
- A fridge that automatically orders things when you’re running out.
- Shower heads with built-in Bluetooth that lets you make phone calls.
- A hologram assistant that reminds you to do stuff.