Here are some quick stats on how our pets have helped us through this dumb, ridiculous year . . .
- 86% of pet owners say their pets have provided them with some much-needed companionship in 2020.
- 1 in 3 people who took the poll got a new pet this year. And 36% said it was to help avoid or deal with depression.
- 78% say their pets have helped with stress or anxiety.
- 75% said having a pet at home made them less bored, and helped with the monotony this year.
- 69% say their pets gave them an added sense of hope.
- When people were asked to name the top benefits of working from home, half said more time with their pets. Only 36% said the same about more time with their family.