With fewer people traveling this year, Christmas might be more eco-friendly by default. But a recent poll looked at ways we’re TRYING to have a more eco-friendly Christmas. Here are some of the top ways we plan to do it . . .
- Wasting less food and eating more leftovers.
- Making sure you recycle all your delivery boxes.
- Avoiding stuff made of plastic, like gifts, decorations, and packaging.
- Using recyclable wrapping paper. A lot of the glossy stuff can’t be recycled.
- Shopping online instead of driving around to different stores.
- Traveling less.
- Buying Christmas cards from charities that help the environment.
- Eating less meat.
- Not leaving your Christmas lights on as much.
- Buying fewer gifts, or going completely gift-free this year.