The “Christmas spirit” is about being kind and thoughtful . . . and making everyone else look like they didn’t even try. A new poll found 61% of us see gift-giving as a competition, and will try to “out-gift” at least one other person this year.
The most common people we compete with are our siblings, friends, and significant other. Here are the ten most stressful things about holiday shopping . . .
- Trying to find the “perfect” gift. Almost 1 in 5 people claim they ALWAYS find the perfect gift.
- Looking for something that’s sold out. Like the PlayStation 5 this year.
- Worrying someone won’t like your gift.
- Worrying it’s something they won’t use.
- Buying them something they already have.
- Being “out-gifted” by someone.
- Worrying your gift won’t adequately show the person how much you love them.
- Bad weather and driving conditions while you’re out shopping.
- Being out for long periods of time.
- Porch pirates stealing your packages.