Boston-based group World Against Toys Causing Harm Inc. (WATCH) has issued their Top Ten Most Dangerous Toys List for 2020:
1. Calico Critters Nursery Friends: contains small parts with potential for choking.
2. Toysmith Missile Launcher: 5-year-old children are advised to “GO! Launch” this “missile” with the provided slingshot-like launcher, and “watch it soar…up to 75 ft!”
3. Marvel Avengers Vibranium Power FX Claw: made from rigid plastic, and kids might punch each other with it.
4. Gloria Owl: cuddly, plush owl is sold for babies as young as 12 months old. The toy’s long, fiber-like hair is prone to “shredding” and ingestion by toddlers.
5. WWE Jumbo Superstar Fists: Again, with the hitting.
6. Scientific Explorer Sci-Fi Slime: Various types of goop identified as “magnetic”, “atomic”, and other types of “slimes” comes with numerous warnings. For example, the zinc sulfide pouch warns that its contents “May cause eye, skin, and respiratory irritation.”
7. The Original Boomerang Interactive Stunt UFO: Comes with a “WARNING! Keep hands, hair, and loose clothing away from the propeller.”
8. Boom City Racers: Sold with a ripcord “launcher” so children as young as 4 years old can use the “stunt set” to “RIP, RACE and EXPLODE!” these miniature vehicles.
9. My Sweet Love Lots To Love Babies Minis: WARNING: Horrible name for a toy! Also, small pieces are choking hazard.
10. Star Wars Mandalorian Darksaber: Made from rigid plastic, and young children are encouraged on the package to “Swing for battle!”
WATCH also reminds you to eat Cream of Wheat every morning, rice cakes for dessert and never go outside without your mommy holding your hand.