Ranker.com has a list of “weird celebrity facts that are 100% true,” and they did a decent job with it . . . because most of them are not widely known and ARE fairly weird.
Here are 10 highlights:
1. Sex therapist Dr. Ruth is a trained sniper. She was a sniper in the Israeli army during the early formation of the state. Apparently, she was an excellent shot.
2. “Inside the Actor’s Studio” host James Lipton used to be a pimp. He managed a bunch of sex workers in Paris in the early ’50s.
3. Simon Cowell polished Jack Nicholson’s axe on “The Shining”. He had a gig as a runner on the set . . . and he buffed the axe for the “Here’s Johnny” scene.
4. When Christopher Walken was 16, he worked as an assistant lion tamer at a circus. He’s said his favorite lion was Sheba, and she was “very sweet.”
5. Martin Luther King, Jr. was a huge “Star Trek” fan and he loved Nichelle Nichols’ role as Lt. Uhura. In 1966, she wanted to quit the show to pursue a career on Broadway, but MLK convinced her to stay on it.
6. Elvis Presley was actually a natural blond. He admitted to coloring his hair with black shoe polish in his early days to get his signature look.
7. Chris Kirkpatrick didn’t cut it as a Backstreet Boy . . . so ‘N Sync later snapped him up. Chris auditioned to be the “edgy” one in the Backstreet Boys, but that spot went to AJ McLean.
8. Steve Buscemi used to be a firefighter. He worked in New York City’s “Little Italy” for four years beginning in 1980. During 9/11, he got back into his gear and assisted the FDNY on the ground.
9. Katy Perry collects locks of hair from other celebrities. She ties little bows on them and tucks them away in her purse. (She talked about this back in 2013, and I’d be fascinated to know if she still does this.)
10. Madonna uses a $600 face mask . . . on her butt. Her skincare line includes a $600 clay mask, and she says she uses it on her backside. When asked WHY, she said, quote, “Don’t you want soft skin on your butt?”
(Hit up Ranker.com for more.)