Today is the first day of my favorite season: Autumn. But note everyone likes this time of year…Here are some of the reasons that some people dislike the fall:
- Earlier dusk means that even when you can convince your kids to go outside, they’re gonna spend even less time out there.
- You already deal with a chill thanks to your marriage.
- The fireplace requires wood, and that requires work.
- No more days at the beach showing off your dad bod in your camo Speedo.
- Every retail store decides that we need to hear the “Monster Mash” six times per visit.
- We’re more likely to be depressed . . . when we realize the only appropriate Halloween costume for us is some character Danny DeVito played.
- Shrinkage. Am I right, guys?
- The same reason spring and summer sucked: It’s 2020.