A new survey from graphic design platform Canva asked 2,000 Americans how they’re supporting the local community in this difficult time. Some of the results:
– Seventy-one percent of those surveyed said they’ve shifted their shopping habits to support small and local businesses rather than big corporations or chains.
– Respondents have supported an average of 10 small businesses.
– The top way they’ve been supporting their local businesses is by ordering take-out and delivery.
– Over half of those surveyed also said they’re tipping their delivery drivers more than they normally would.
– 77 percent of respondents said they plan on supporting more local businesses once things return to normal.
– The Top 3 businesses people can’t wait to return to once things get back to normal: The coffee shop, a favorite restaurant, and favorite bar.