Reddit asked readers to pass along the cringiest things they’d ever seen at a wedding. Some of the responses:
– During the couple’s first dance, two people dressed in those off-brand Mickey and Minnie Mouse costumes you see in Times Square showed up because the bride loved Disney. Mickey & Minnie danced together, and then the bride danced with off-brand Mickey and the groom danced with off-brand Minnie.
– In the middle of the service the minister’s cell phone rang, he answered, it was ‘God’. God wanted to talk to the groom. The conversation lasted a couple minutes, then the ceremony continued.
– The minister used to date the bride and gushed about how wonderful she was. Told the groom if he ever died not to worry, he’d take care of her.
– They sang their vows to each other. Neither had a singing voice. They used autotune microphones. The vows singing lasted 20 minutes.
– The groom changed who his Best Man was and didn’t tell the original best man until the start of the ceremony.
– They decided to “auction off” the bride’s garter, and whoever won took it off the bride. Most of us were poor college students, so the only people bidding were her dad and uncles. It was super uncomfortable.
– The wedding included a foot washing ceremony, and when the bride put her shoes back on she tripped on her dress and fell flat on her face. The ceremony stopped for 20 minutes to deal with the nosebleed she gave herself.