This is great timing, because we actually have time to do this stuff right now. A new survey looked at the most satisfying do-it-yourself projects. And the two categories that dominated were painting and yardwork. Here are the top ten . . .
1. Planting things in your yard.
2. Mowing the lawn.
3. When IKEA furniture slots perfectly into place.
4. Pulling weeds, because it immediately makes your property look better.
5. Power-washing your patio, or the outside of your house.
6. Painting with a roller.
7. Hanging a picture so it’s perfectly level.
8. Painting a fence.
9. Putting on the FINAL layer of paint.
10. Oiling a squeaky hinge.
A few more that made the top 20 include pulling wallpaper . . . getting a hedge perfectly trimmed . . . anything that involves hammering nails into wood . . . and demolition, like using a sledgehammer to smash down a wall. (SWNS)