Mobile phones are the devices that Americans touch more often than anything else. This makes them a hygiene disaster. Here are five disgusting habits to avoid, according to the survey of the daily cleaning habits of 1,200 U.S. residents over the age of 18.
· A whopping 88 percent of people surveyed admit to using their phone in the bathroom.
· An overwhelming 89 percent said they used it while cooking.
· A sizeable 41 percent put their phones in their mouth when their hands aren’t free.
· Approximately 1 in 4 people (23 percent) have never cleaned (wiped down) their phone.
· While 89 percent use their phone on public transportation, Baby Boomers are twice as likely (39 percent) as millennials (23 percent) to not wash their hands after traveling on public transportation.