According to professional chefs, here are the most unnecessary cooking steps:
1. Garnishing is a waste of time.
2. Peeling carrots and potatoes isn’t necessary.
3. Leaving the tails on the shrimp isn’t doing anything for your dish.
4. Sifting the flour probably isn’t needed.
5. Making your own stock is usually too time-consuming to be worth it.
6. Turning the meat before it’s done just to get crosshatch grill marks is for aesthetics only.
7. Getting fancy with the plating is only for a good photo opp.
8. Adding parsley to anything is pretty much useless.
9. No need to yell “Bam” every 30 seconds, either.