Did you put music on while you cleaned up after Thanksgiving? A recent survey found 80% of us listen to music while we clean. And the kitchen is the top place we really need it.
Here are five quick stats on our musical cleaning habits . . .
1. 85% of parents listen to music while they clean . . . maybe to drown out the kids? That’s compared to 77% of people who don’t have children.
2. Younger people are more likely to do it. 92% of people under 40 said they listen to music while they clean.
3. People who live alone are less likely to do it. 72% compared to 81% for people who live with family or roommates.
4. 52% of people who do it have certain music or playlists they like to listen to while they clean.
5. 92% said music makes at least one of their chores more bearable. And the #1 task we need it for is cleaning up in the kitchen. (PR Newswire)