It’s not always easy to break the ice-especially on a dating app. And sadly, when it comes to apps like Tinder, men are usually expected to make the first move with some hilarious opening line. That’s a lot of pressure! Instead of becoming one of those matches that sits idly in an empty text box, try these tips for dating app opening lines that verified ladies themselves have approved. Who knows? You might just get a drink or two out of it.
· The best opening line I’ve ever heard was: ‘I’m bad at this, so I’m going to buck the Tinder trend and let you make the first move, if that’s okay.’ -Ann, 29.
· In college when I was on Tinder, I had in my bio that I was a philosophy major. This one guy managed to make puns using Plato, Kant, Descartes, and Spinoza in his opening line. I really appreciated the effort. =Rose, 24
· My favorite opening line probably has to be a compliment. Not a sexual one, but one that shows I caught their attention in some way. Yes, it can be about my pictures and appearance, but nothing derogatory or implying that I’m getting naked for you. -Sally, 32
· One guy told me an entire story about our potential first date using only emojis. On the one hand, it showed he had a lot of time on his hand, but on the other it showed he was creative and had a sense of humor. -Gabby, 30
· I like keeping it light, but also practical. Ask me something random, like “Hawaiian or pepperoni?” And then buy me pizza. -Susan, 31