1. Insists on ordering your food or drinks. This is a red flag even if you state that you can order for yourself or you find it endearing, cute, or maybe even romantic. In reality, it could definitely be a sign of a controlling person.
2. Criticizes their exes. If your new date spends your first date being excessively critical of an ex, including calling them “Satan” or other derogatory nicknames, run! You may be dating a narcissist!
3. Is late without a valid explanation. There will be times when the traffic is bad or an emergency happened, but unless your date has no specific reason why they are late, you should start thinking if they are really interested. If they don’t give you a heads up after the five-minute mark, then you are probably just wasting your time.
4. Is too gross too soon. Being super crass in that first get-together could mean their attitude toward self-care is not something you want to be in bed with.
5. Orders water. If your date orders water, he probably isn’t interested or willing to give you a chance. Ordering water says, “I am planning to get out of here quickly, so quickly that I won’t even need to pay a check.” Move on from this person.
6. Is the only one asking questions. If they reveal little to no information about themselves, even when you inquire, they could be studying you in a way.
7. Can[t stop talking about themselves. You ask them a question and they go on and on and into their entire life story. The energy is never reciprocated and they don’t ask about your experiences or maintain an actual interest while listening.