In honor of Mother’s Day, here are five fresh stats on moms for 2019.
1. How many moms are you honoring this weekend? A new survey found that 44% of Americans ages 18 to 54 have three or more “mother figures” in their lives, and 20% have at least FIVE. So people like grandmothers, in-laws, and stepmoms.
2. A recent survey found 20% of us have bought a counterfeit gift for Mother’s Day before, like phony jewelry or a fake designer purse. And one in three people who’ve done it say it was INTENTIONAL.
3. Who taught you about money? More than 28% of people said they learned about money from their mom . . . while 24% said their dad. But the top answer was “neither,” with 47.9% of the vote.
4. If your mom has a tattoo and you’re still struggling to come up with a gift, here’s an idea: A new survey found 21% of moms have a tattoo they regret, and 75% of them would like to get tattoo removal as a gift. And that includes 51% who want tattoo removal more than JEWELRY.
5. If you’re a single mom, you might actually be better off. A recent study found that moms with a husband or live-in boyfriend sleep less and do MORE housework than single moms without a significant other.