A new survey found 27% of Americans now have a virtual assistant, like an Amazon Echo or Google Home.
Here are the top five things we use our digital assistants for . . .
- To play music or listen to podcasts. 66% of people who own a digital assistant do it.
- Set alarms or reminders, 56%.
- Get updates on news, weather, or sports, 48%.
- Control appliances, or turn lights on and off, 31%.
- Communicate with people, like having it send an email or make a phone call, 29%.
The survey also found men are slightly more likely to own a digital assistant. 54% of owners are men, and 46% are women.
And obviously young people are more likely to be early adopters: 44% of owners are between the ages of 13 and 34. Only 26% are over 55. And of course you can always play Big Froggy 101.1 on your smart device 😉