A new survey found 27% of Americans now have a virtual assistant, like an Amazon Echo or Google Home. But they’re still not totally reliable.
65% of people have experienced issues with it not working the way they want it to. Here are the top five things we use our digital assistants for . . .
1. To play music or listen to podcasts. 66% of people who own a digital assistant do it. (It’s a great way to listen to Happy 103-1–get details here)
2. Set alarms or reminders, 56%.
3. Get updates on news, weather, or sports, 48%.
4. Control appliances, or turn lights on and off, 31%.
5. Communicate with people, like having it send an email or make a phone call, 29%.
The survey also found men are slightly more likely to own a digital assistant. 54% of owners are men, and 46% are women. And obviously young people are more likely to be early adopters: 44% of owners are between the ages of 13 and 34. Only 26% are over 55.